Friday, February 24, 2012

BIRTHDAY CAKE!



In honor of my mother's birthday I decided to make her a cake! I used the recipe from the side of a carton of  heavy whipping cream. One might be skeptical about using a recipe about from the side of a cream carton,  but it turned out really nice. Following the instructions was easier than I anticipated. Everything mixed well together and got into the baking pan without  hitch.


After the baking is when the fun began. I love decorating food, so after letting the cake cool, I made whipped cream. I took the heavy whipping cream and whisked it. I separated it into different bowls and then added food dye. While decorating I decided that whipped cream wasn't the best frosting to decorate with. It started to melt and dripped over everything. Halfway through I put it in the freezer so it would stop melting.


                                                                               
                                                                                                                 

Before
After
                                                       





I surprisingly did quite well with the cake. It tasted good and turned out, more or less, the way I wanted it. The next step is making more difficult desserts! Yum.


After an hour of hard work, it came out really well. The end result was a very happy mother and a great way to end a birthday.








No comments:

Post a Comment