Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Easter Dinner!

Yes, this is what my family does at the dinner table on Easter. We spent the whole day cooking and it was so much fun. On the menu was pork roast, mashed potatoes (of course), bacon-wrapped asparagus, raspberry tart, and key lime pie. I made the raspberry tart and the gravy. My siblings all cooked something as well.
 I started on the raspberry tart because that was going to take the longest. I mixed together the sugar, flour, salt, butter, and eggs to make the crust. I put the dough in the pan and popped it in the oven. While I waited for that to cook, I worked on the chocolate and other topping. I boiled water in a pan and then took a metal bowl filled with chocolate chips and put it in the water. I stirred the chocolate chips until the were melted.

Once the crust was done baking, I took it out of the oven and let it cool. I then proceeded to put the chocolate on top of the crust. The final layer of the tart was made by beating mascarpone, cream, sugar, and vanilla. It wasn't as fluffy and firm as I thought it was going to be, so after pouring the mixture on top of the tart, I put it in the freezer to firm. After dinner I took the tart out of the freezer and decorated it with raspberries.



After we finished cooking the roast, I used the juices to make the gravy. I added cornstarch and after cooking it a bit, it thickened and tasted delicious.

It was great cooking with the whole family and the dinner turned out fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment